Scorpion Oceanics – Cables, Connectors, Hydrophones and Assemblies for the Underwater and Nuclear Industries.
Scorpion Oceanics was formed in 1996 to provide an efficient, competitive and reliable source of cables, connectors, hydrophones, ropes, mechanical terminations and mouldings for use in subsea, harsh environments and nuclear industries.
The company’s main operations are based on the following activities:
- The supply of cables, connectors, hydrophones and ropes.
- The manufacture of cable / connector assemblies (cable harnesses).
- The encapsulation of cables, connectors and sensitive electronics using polyethylene and polyurethane moulding techniques.
- The design and manufacture of bespoke connection systems.
Scorpion Oceanics is proud to partner and represent the following companies:
- Birns Aquamate LLC – Agents to supply underwater connectors.
- Cortland Inc. – Agents to supply high modulus fibre ropes.
- High Tech Inc. – Agents to supply hydrophones and marine sensor systems.
- Souriau Connection Technologies – Agents to supply underwater and nuclear connectors.
Scorpion Oceanics business activities are centred on the following markets:
Specialists in all forms of connector and cable terminations, our team of skilled technicians provide an effective and efficient service for all cable harnessing and terminations.
The company’s Design & Engineering department covers all aspects of a customer’s requirements from specifications and drawings for the simplest of cable assemblies through to the design and qualification of bespoke electrical, optical and mechanical connectors and terminations. The team has a vast knowledge of cable and connector products for subsea and harsh environments enabling them to fulfil a customer’s individual needs, working in partnership with them to provide the best solution.
All design and manufacturing is carried out at our facility in North West Essex, adjacent to the M11 Motorway, between Cambridge and London Stansted Airport.
Scorpion Oceanics operates a quality system accredited to ISO 9001:2015, Certificate No. 1820 and is listed on the UK MOD’s Item of Supply and Information System (ISIS), NCAGE code KB756.